Click HERE for a free TV channel listing for the Lexington area!
Coming Up Next!
What's On? Affiliated T.V. Networks - Click the Logos for Schedules
WBON-TV 9 officially launches March 1st 2021!
Local Election Coverage/Returns
Local Holiday Parade Coverage
Local Area Festival Coverage
* “Santa’s Studio Hotline” – A WBON-TV original program with in-studio Santa and a merry band of supporting characters! Christmas trivia, fun, and antics are all guaranteed as Santa Claus hear Christmas wishes from local children.
How To Get Us
Proper Antenna and Orientation
This is our transmit tower location on the map.
- If using an indoor antenna, make sure it has a good VHF element and get near a window toward tower
- Get your antenna up as high as you can
- “Attic” antenna’s or outside antennas will always provide the very best reception and more FREE channels
- WBON-TV is not as powerful as many of the Lexington TV stations. Generally, they will come in wherever your antenna is. So orienting toward our tower location is essential for optimal reception.
- Most of the other TV stations in the area are “UHF” channels. Only 2 in the area (WBON-TV Richmond, and WLJC-TV Beatyville) are VHF. Make sure the antenna you get has a good record of receiving BOTH UHF and VHF.
- Once you have taken these good steps to optimize your reception, simply re-scan your TV channels for FREE TV!
Broadcast TV Transition: What to Watch For
Some local TV stations in cities across the U.S. will be changing their over-the-air broadcast frequencies between now and July 2020. People who watch free over-the-air television with an antenna will need to rescan their TV set each time a station moves to continue receiving the local channel. It's the same scan that you did to find your local channels when you set up your TV or converter box for the first time. Except in rare circumstances, no new equipment or services are required. Subscribers to cable or satellite TV do not need to rescan. Service providers will do it for you.
Best TV Antennas for Cord Cutters in 2020
A quick digest of the best makes for T.V. Antennas in 2020. Don't get outdated equipment. Set yourself up for years to come.
VHF vs. UHF – Why OTA Frequency Bands Matter for Cord Cutters with Antennas
Cord Cutters News
All the news cord cutters need about cord cutting! Covering, Roku, Fire TV, Apple TV, Chromecast, Netflix, Hulu, & More!
Winegard Outdoor HDTV Antenna VHF UHF 45 Miles (HD7694P)
Winegard’s most compact VHF/UHF antenna uses the classically powerful Yagi and log-periodic hybrid design. It effectively captures VHF and UHF signals for an estimated range of up to 45 miles, providing you with access to dozens of free HDTV stations in your surrounding area. This antenna is primarily designed for outdoor installation but also can be placed in the attic. This antenna can receive stations 2-6 in most areas, due to the fact this programming is generally broadcast on higher, unused UHF or VHF frequency numbers.
CABLE TV PARTNERS
FIND US ON CABLE TV
Irvine Community Television | Estill County
Channels 809, 810, 811, 812
PRTC | Jackson, Lee, & Owsley Counties
Channels 137, 138, 139, 140
Crystal Broadband Cable | Powell County
ClearStream 2MAX Indoor Outdoor HD TV Antenna Review
This is WBON-TV's recommended antenna.
3 Best Outdoor Antennas from an Installer
More information from a professional about the best Antennas that can help you get WBON an
The Antenna Man Youtube Channel
Chances are that you enjoy your television but don't want to study frequency, power differences, and other transmitting variables to do so. The Antenna Man can give you the 'need to know info' so you can get results without spending a weekend figuring it all out.
Ten Ways to Improve OTA TV Reception from an Installer
Having issues with your OTA receiver or just wanting to get it installed correctly? Check out these 10 tips to get the most out of it.
'Join Our WBON-TV Community''
Just make a simple account, and you can share thoughts, ideas, questions, & suggestions with others!