Richmond Centre’s Koto Heavily Damaged by Early Morning Blaze

0
10153

Richmond Fire Department responded to a call coming from a restaurant in the Richmond Centre early this morning around two a.m., citing smoke and flames visible. After fighting the blaze at Japanese restaurant Koto, extensive damage remains, however firefighter and RFP PIO Corey Lewis says the damage is all to the exterior of the building, and the outdoor refrigeration unit.

According to authorities, the fire began outside the building in the cooler due to electrical issues. Stay tuned as WBONTV will update on the Live at Five newscast this afternoon on Channel 9.