The Kentucky Transportation Cabinet has provided an update on the bridge work on the Madison and Fayette County line, saying that temporary lane closures continue to be necessary for bridge deck overlay work.
The anticipated date for the project to be completed is Thursday, October 7th.
- operations are located between milepoints 97.541 and 97.703
- traffic control (closures/barrels) are in place between milepoints 96.9 and 98.3
- two lanes remain open at all times — this includes shifts onto the shoulder
- work is in effect 24 hours a day, including weekends with two seperate shifts of crews: 6 a.m. until 12 a.m. (midnight) & 12 a.m. (midnight) until 6 a.m.
- the speed limit is reduced to 55 MPH with double fines in effect
Interstate 75 – Northbound
Thursday, Sept. 23 through Friday, Sept. 24 – 8 p.m. Thursday until 6 a.m. Friday
- motorists will be diverted to the left/fast lane
- the traffic switch will occur on Friday (09/24) or Saturday (09/25) evening if there is inclement weather for Thursday
Wednesday, Sept. 22 through Thursday, Oct. 7
- work continues for the northbound section until the project is completed
- motorists can utilize Interstate 64 to KY 627 to bypass the work zone
The traveling public should continue to plan for and expect delays.
All work/closures are scheduled on a tentative basis, and subject to change depending on weather conditions, emergencies, and other factors beyond the control of the Department of Highways.