The Kentucky Transportation Cabinet (KYTC) advises motorists of a scheduled project for the Clays Ferry Bridge on Interstate 75 Southbound. Temporary lane closures will be necessary for bridge deck overlay work.
This project was awarded to M&M Services on May 21 in the amount of $4,451,122.81. The anticipated date for completion is Thursday, October 7. The Clays Ferry Bridge is located on the Fayette-Madison County line.
Interstate 75 – Southbound
- work will be in effect between milepoints 97.541 and 97.703
- traffic control (closures/barrels) will be in place between milepoints 96.9 and 98.3
- two lanes will remain open at all times — this includes shifts onto the shoulder
- no weekend work is planned at this time — this could change pending on weather and project progress
- the speed limit will be reduced to 55 MPH with double fines in effect
Sunday, August 1 through Monday, August 2 – 10 p.m. Sunday until 6 a.m. Monday
- crews will be setting up traffic control (placing barrels, signage, etc.)
- lanes will begin closing
Monday, August 2 through Friday, August 6 – 6:00 a.m. until 12 a.m. (midnight)
Currently – the schedule of Mon. thru Fri. – 6:00 a.m. until 12:00 a.m. each day/evening will continue until Thursday, October 7
- work will start – two lanes will remain open and two lanes will be closed in each direction
The traveling public should plan for and expect delays.
All work/closures are scheduled on a tentative basis, and subject to change depending on weather conditions, emergencies, and other factors beyond the control of the Department of Highways.
District 7 includes: Anderson, Bourbon, Boyle, Clark, Fayette, Garrard, Jessamine, Madison, Mercer, Montgomery, Scott, and Woodford Counties