KSP: Woman dies from carbon monoxide poisoning from fuel-operated generator

0
1726

Kentucky State Police is currently investigating a death that occurred in Laurel County. According to police, on Tuesday, February 16, shortly after 12:00 PM, Kentucky State Police Post 11 in London responded to assist local emergency services on a carbon monoxide poisoning call at a residence on Spring Cut Road in southern Laurel County.

The initial investigation revealed the home was without power due to the winter weather and the occupants of the residence had been using a fuel-operated generator to help operate a basement sump pump. The victim, 61-year-old Darlene G. Skinner Ragland of Corbin, was transported by Laurel County EMS to Baptist Health in Corbin where she was subsequently pronounced deceased by the emergency room doctor.

Her husband, Tony Ragland, and their grandchild were taken to the University of Kentucky Medical Center. They both have been treated and released. No foul play is suspected in this investigation.