RICHMOND, Ky. – Eastern Kentucky University’s football team will play its first home game of the 2020 season on Saturday when Houston Baptist University visits Roy Kidd Stadium.
Kickoff for the Breast Cancer Awareness Game is scheduled for 3 p.m. Fans are encouraged to wear pink to the game.
The game will air live on ESPN+. The live radio broadcast of the game is available in the Richmond area on WCYO 100.7 FM, and can be heard worldwide on EKUSports.com.
The EKU Band will perform on the field following the end of the game.
INSIDE THE SERIES
– This is the first meeting between the two football programs.
– Eastern Kentucky is 1-2 this season after going on the road for the third straight game and beating The Citadel, 37-14, on Saturday.
– EKU was chosen as the Stats Perform FCS Team of the Week after holding the Bulldogs’ triple option offense scoreless in the second half. Eastern jumped out to a 20-7 lead early in the second quarter and took a 23-14 lead into the locker room at halftime. The Colonel defense held The Citadel to 137 yards of offense, including no passing yards, and forced two turnovers in the second half.
– Parker McKinney was picked as the Stats Perform FCS Player of the Week. McKinney, a redshirt sophomore from Coalfield, Tennessee, threw for 274 yards and a career-best four touchdown passes. He completed 16-of-26 pass attempts and did not throw an interception.
– Newcomer Jacquez Jones had three receptions and three touchdowns in Eastern’s win at The Citadel. He finished with 70 receiving yards. The Tennessee transfer had a 15-yard, a 2-yard and a 53-yard touchdown catch.
– McKinney leads the nation in passing efficiency (159.4) and passing yards per completion (14.88). He is second in passing touchdowns (5), fourth in completion percentage (60.4) and fifth in passing yards (476).
SCOUTING THE OPPONENT
– Houston Baptist is 0-3 after playing three straight games against FBS teams. The Huskies lost 35-31 at Texas Tech on Sept. 12 and are coming off a 66-38 loss to Louisiana Tech this past Saturday.
– Despite playing three FBS opponents, the Houston Baptist offense is averaging 34 points, 557 yards of offense and 486 passing yards per game. HBU has only turned the ball over three times.
– Houston Baptist quarterback Bailey Zappe has completed 63 percent of his passes for 1,453 yards and 12 touchdowns in three games. He is averaging 484 passing yards per game and has only thrown one interception.
– Defensively, the Huskies have allowed 53 points and 629 yards per game.
– Linebacker Caleb Johnson has a team-best 36 tackles. Safeties Patrick Wolfe and Isaiah Cash have one interception each.
GAME DAY EXPERIENCE
It doesn’t matter if you are a Colonel Club member, a student, a Colonel fan or a fan of the opponent, there is plenty of information below that will help make your game day experience the best it can be …
• Masks will be required throughout the entirety of the contest. Ushers will be monitoring masking throughout the contest. Anyone who refuses to wear their masks appropriately will be escorted from the venue.
• All patrons will be required to wear facemask when traveling through the parking lots and while socializing.
• No shuttle services from the parking lots to the stadium will be provided during the 2020 season.
• Upon entry into Roy Kidd Stadium, fans and staff will be temperature screened using an infrared thermometer prior to entry.
• Hand sanitization stations will be located in the stadium.
• Signage will be displayed in common areas to assist with physical distancing.
• A comprehensive in-game custodial cleaning plan will include restrooms, team spaces, premium spaces, high-traffic areas and protocol to dispatch custodial services to any area of the stadium for specific needs
Game Day Timeline
1 p.m. – Colonel Club and general parking opens (no tailgating)
2 p.m. – Roy and Sue Kidd Way closes to vehicle traffic
2 p.m. – Concession sales inside the stadium (including alcohol) begins
3:05 p.m. — Kickoff
Physical tickets will not be sold at Roy Kidd Stadium on the day of the game; however, tickets will be available through EKUSports.com.
EKU Football Parking Lot Locations
• There are numerous and convenient parking options for all fans on game day at Roy Kidd Stadium.
• Colonel Club Lot (Lot K) – Located in the Alumni Coliseum Lower and Upper lots across the street from Roy Kidd Stadium, Colonel Club season ticket members have exclusive access to both of these lots with their valid Colonel Club parking pass. Parking passes must be displayed in vehicles at all times.
• RV Zone – EKU is proud to continue offering the RV Zone, designed to provide football fans a unique and unforgettable tailgating experience. Located next to the Olympic Sports Training Center lot and just a few steps away from the Roy Kidd Stadium entrance, the RV Zone is available for both single game and full season passes. Single game passes start at $75 per game, which include two (2) general admission tickets for the game. Full season passes are available for $225 and includes two (2) general admission tickets for each home game. The EKU RV Zone will open at 6 p.m. the Friday before game day and will close at 3:00 p.m. the Sunday following game day. RVs must be in the RV Zone by 9 p.m. on the night before a home game. There will be no same-day parking for the RV Zone on the day of the game. All attendees in the RV Zone are asked to maintain the 6-foot social distancing standard and are required to wear facemasks. Reservations for the RV Zone are required at least three (3) days in advance and your pass may be reserved by calling (859) 622-7128.
• General Parking – EKU provides general parking free of charge for the following parking lots located on campus: Brockton, Hanlon, Dizney, Commonwealth, Alumni Coliseum back lots or in parking lots across the EKU bypass. All general parking lots will open on game day at 1 p.m.
• Media Parking – Credentialed media members should park at the Greg Adams Tennis Center parking lot located across the EKU bypass.
EKU Football Parking Regulations
• Parking is permitted only in designated spaces. Parking on islands, medians or berms is prohibited.
• Parking spaces are available on a first come, first serve basis and cannot be saved.
• No tailgating is allowed this season.
• No personal motorized carts are allowed.
• Protect your belongings, EKU will not assume responsibility for lost or stolen items.
For additional information or questions, please call (859) 622-2122.
Student seating is located in sections A and B. Students may also sit on the hill in the north end zone. Students should enter the stadium through Gate 1. Students need their official school ID out and ready to be allowed admittance to the game.
Alcohol sales (beer and wine) are located on the east side of Roy Kidd Stadium and on the northern end of the main concourse inside the Begley Building:
• Sales begin at 2 p.m.
• Sales continue through the third quarter. No sales in the fourth quarter or overtime.
• Fans will be limited to two (2) beverages per transaction.
• Purchase can be made by fans 21 years and older only.
• Must be consumed in clear plastic cup.
• Cash and credit cards accepted.
ADA Accessible Ticket Information
• The ADA accessible seating area at Roy Kidd Stadium in Section J and R of the east side of the stadium.
• Patrons must purchase a general admission ticket to watch the game from this area.
• Patrons are welcome to have a companion sit with them in the area. Folding chairs are provided for any guests that need them.
• The ADA accessible restrooms are located on the concourse of the east side of the stadium. The Moberly building also provides accessible restrooms.
• ADA accessible parking is available in the Moberly Lot past the Stadium off Roy and Sue Kidd Way on the right from the Bypass.
• The main accessible gate (Moberly Gate) is between the Moberly building and the Olympic Sports Training Center