CHARLESTON, S.C. – Eastern Kentucky University’s football team will play at The Citadel on Saturday.
The game will air live on ESPN+ with kickoff scheduled for 1 p.m. ET.
The live radio broadcast of the game is available in the Richmond area on WCYO 100.7 FM, and can be heard worldwide on EKUSports.com.
INSIDE THE SERIES
– This is the first-ever meeting between the two football programs.
– Eastern Kentucky lost at West Virginia, 56-10, on Sept. 12.
– Alonzo Booth averaged 6.4 yards per carry against West Virginia, finishing with 45 yards on seven carries.
– Defensive end Antonio Smith had five tackles against West Virginia, including two tackles for a loss of 10 yards.
– Redshirt freshman Kaleb Lundy had a team-best nine tackles at West Virginia.
– Newcomer Thomas Cook ranks second in the nation with an average of 40.5 yards per punt.
– Keyion Dixon caught a 28-yard touchdown pass against the Mountaineers.
SCOUTING THE OPPONENT
– The Citadel lost to No. 1 Clemson on Saturday, 49-0. The Bulldogs opened the 2020 season with a 27-6 loss at South Florida on Sept. 12.
– The Bulldogs totaled just 162 yards of offense against Clemson. The Citadel ran the ball 48 times and attempted just 11 passes.
– Jaylan Adams rushed for 50 yards on 12 carries.
– Matt Campbell averaged 41.8 yards on 10 punts against Clemson.
– Chris Beverly had five tackles, including one sack.