Lexington Man Allegedly Offered Heroin Samples at Richmond McDonald’s


When people go into a fast food restaurant, they usually go to enjoy a hot meal. However, some customers at a local McDonald’s had an unusual experience this past Tuesday thanks to an out-of-town duo.

According to the arrest citation, 26 year-old Randolph Eason and another male subject were offering “testers” of heroin and fentanyl inside the eatery. Multiple complaints were reported to the Richmond Police Department, as well as a nearby EKU officer.

When authorities arrived on the scene, the restaurant manager confirmed the complaints and informed police that the two subjects were parked in front of the Richmond Peddler’s Mall. Officials made contact with the pair who reportedly denied any knowledge of drugs, money, or weapons inside the car.

Eason was determined to have an active warrant out for his arrest, and was asked by one of the officers to exit the vehicle. According to Richmond Police, Eason attempted to flee officers and actively resisted arrest by fighting with them during detainment.

It was during this struggle that a 9mm pistol fell out of Eason’s waistband and onto the ground. Following the arrest, a search of the vehicle was conducted. This led to authorities discovering suspected heroin and fentanyl, along with $143 in cash. An additional $63 was located on Eason’s person.

Eason allegedly maintained that he knew nothing about the suspected drugs or the money in the vehicle, but admitted to fleeing due to the handgun in his possession. He was transported to the Madison County Detention Center, where he was charged with Trafficking in Controlled Substance (Heroin), Resisting Arrest, and 2nd Degree Fleeing or Evading Police.

Mcdonalds issued this statement:

“While this incident did not occur inside our restaurant, we are thankful for our restaurant manager for helping the authorities quickly identify and apprehend those involved. The safety and security of our guests is our top priority, and we continue to work closely with the Richmond Police Department to help with their investigation.” – local McDonald’s spokesperson