Wbontv was on the scene of a large fire that occurred this afternoon at Richmond manor. The apartment, located off north third in Richmond, was already well engulfed in flames by the time the Richmond Fire Department got on the roof.
As you can see in the footage, firefighters worked to cut a hole into the roof, which flames erupted though. The inferno started from a kitchen cooking fire in one of the units of the building.
Firefighter Corey Lewis told WBONtv that nearly 60 firefighters were on scene, and assistance was needed by additional agencies such as the Madison County Fire Department.
21 people are displaced at this time, and Lewis adds that they are working with the Red Cross to get the displaced residents help.
Lewis says that the building is not yet declared a total loss, but as you can see in the video there was extensive damage to multiple units, and the roof of the apartment complex.
Luckily, all were evacuated safely and there are no reported injuries to first responders at this time as well.